View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 03:43 PM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Jerome.......My comment wasn't meant as a slight on Amar Bose. No doubt he was an audio pioneer, but what made him a billionaire was his ability to successfully market those ideas to consumers.
I have to agree with this.....it's amaing to see how the marketing of Bose has gotten itself ingrained with the "culture" if you will of consumer electronics. Back before my medical career, I was one of the blazer-wearing Circuit City sales people back in the good days when they worked on commission and sold some pretty decent audio video products. What was amazing is how the name Bose stoked a fire under some people and 99.9% of the time it was positive! I can't remember how many times we would see sales of audio systems and home theater systems returned for various reasons, but if it included Bose speakers, the speaker system was not returned! One of the cardinal sins was trying to talk people into buying a different brand....if you did that you were asking for trouble. Anyway, love Bose or not, they have made a lot of contributions to audio and acoustics and bringing awareness to the masses.
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3