Thread: B&W Change
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeper View Post
You are better off fixing the damage on your on dime than trying to get UPS to pay for a repair. UPS damaged a preamp during shipping to my home last summer. I had purchased it from a dealer in another city, who shipped it to me with insurance. After a great deal of frustrating correspondence, both in person and by email, the only solution offered by UPS was to take possession of the shipment back from me, pay the insurance to the seller, and leave me with the task of obtaining a refund from the seller. It was too cumbersome. The seller and I ended up splitting the cost of the repair.
So I went ahead and order the tweeter diaphragm, which arrived today. I informed the seller that I purchased the replacement on my own and she said she would make the UPS claim etc. Anyway, I installed the new tweeter today, and was kinda skeptical about whether it was really even necessary after messing around with a SPL meter. Anyway, when I installed it I noticed that the “housing” had been removed before, as said person who did it used an electrical drill and they missed the hole slightly on one of the screws before realizing it. So, anyway, the tweeter may have been replaced before.

After replacing the tweeter, I turner on a little Boz Scaggs “Thank To You” and to my delight I noticed a difference immediately in terms of clarity and detail.