View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
This is encouraging. Looking at my room, a wall mount isn't practical so I'd need to rely on a turntable that can resist vibration or an isolation platform of some kind. Good to hear that the Xtension 10 has some resistance to footfalls. This is almost as important as sound. In fact, I'd consider any TT that was good at resisting vibration an upgrade even if sound quality was the same as I have now.

Again, though, I have other possible changes/upgrades I'm considering and this could morph into a SACD or speaker move instead of the TT (I've looked at possible SACD replacements, in fact). Of the three, my Mirage M-3si speakers would be the toughest to give up, because I really like them. They're 24.5 years old but still good. Still, that Xtension 10 looks nice, even if I'd have to learn how to install a cartridge on my own; the Xtension 12 can be had with an Ortofon arm with a removable headshell , but that's over $2K more than the package with the Evolution arm .
Every room is different. My Technics skipped from footfalls or even a slammed door when my kids were still at home. I put floor jacks under the joists in my basement to mitigate the vibrations but still had some issues. Since I’ve switched to the Project I’ve had zero issues or complaints of any kind. I think it sounds and looks great. I appreciate the integrated dustcover.
I keep my system in my living room and a wall mount wasn’t something I wanted to deal with either.
I do miss a removable headshell but don’t change cartridges very often so it isn’t the biggest issue. I just pick a day when I’m not rushed and don’t drink too much coffee first lol!
Best of luck!