View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariess View Post
I had a similar experience as Joey. 802D3 sounded perfect but I wondered what more I could get with 800D3. An audition at my dealer convinced me to take the plunge on a home trial with delivery costs as skin in the game. When I got the 800D3 home it was way too much bass. I decided that my room was too small to tame the 800's and I canceled the change and stuck with my 802D3's. Maybe in my next audio room (around the corner) which is bigger I will try again, though that room may be too small too. Given what I have read (between the lines) in reviews, 800D3 vs 802D3, it seems that reviewers have had similar problems. I strongly urge anyone thinking of bringing in 800D3 not to make a blind buy, have a home audition. It would be interesting to get Patrick Butler's take on this. Is there a minimum room size he or B&W can share to play well with the 800D3?
Adam and I have talked on the phone and we shared similar experiences.

I would suggest a room that is 18x24 at the very least. Probably need a good 13 feet from the speaker plane to have great coherence.

No question the 800D3 is the better speaker. But the 802D3 is very good on its own.