View Single Post
Old 11-26-2016, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsectora View Post
Just call Ayre, known issue and they are very supportive. Even though my amps are older than 5 years they told me they would take care of me anyway at no cost other than shipping if needed be. They offered to send the parts to my selling dealer which they knew had a strong tech and they would support install costs.

In my case I had moved one amp over the other, the heat of the one below brought the other one over the top. My cabinet is opened front and back.

Operating temperature is very close to overheating so make sure it's well vented. Try putting a fan on it and a meat thermometer to see what happens, it overheats at 65 degrees C. They also told me to leave it on for thermal stability.

Dan

Dan
Great post Dan. So what you are saying is that Ayre stands by it's products and even when they are out of warrantee, they will take care of something that should be taken care of. Some like to bitch and moan about Ayre not supporting their products or customers if they don't send in their post cards to extend it. Glad to hear your story and of course no one is surprised by that. I haven't sent my card in on my QX5 yet and I promise I'll have the full 5 year warrantee (had major surgery and am only now getting around and that hasn't been a priority, lol).

Like I said to the OP, IF you can afford the upgrade, I promise you that you will be VERY happy.