View Single Post
Old 05-23-2013, 03:26 AM

I always have this feeling that IF the cable can provide to the betterment of a product's performance, especially high end gears, they would have been provided as part of the deal in the first place. After all, why subject one's top end product to so many variations in performance? Maybe its the marketing strategy to have a "build-in intention" to start a controversy gear change mind-set from the very moment the gear is being used?

I have moved on from this mind-set although I must admit the build quality, parts used in the high-end, high cost cables are gorgeous to behold. BUT can the high price justify the huge difference in outlay to performance?

Say, a top speaker cable that costs UDS$25k a pair, hooking it up to the Alexia's would make it a Maxx3 or even an XLF? Or that when hooked to the Magico Q7 makes it a pair of Q9 (the next top line that is NOT even produced?).

Since this is a free market, one can pay and will pay to one's satisfaction but performance enhancing to the value, I guess not. Maybe perceived.

Now ... "flame on"
SACD/DAC: Luxman D-10x
Server: Roon Nucleus+ 8TB SSD + Plixir Elite LPS
Bluray: ModWright Oppo UDP205
Amps: Air Tight ATC-5/ATM300R/ATH-3
Speakers: Avantgarde Uno XD Piano Black/Stealth Grey
Cables & Interconnects: Audience Au24 SX Series
Power Conditioner: Audience aR6 OX
Rack & Amp Stands: Audio-Philar