View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereotek View Post
As a dealer and a end user I can asure you that the biggest improvements comes from power. Once you have very clean power and dedicated power lines, speaker cables and interconnects become more apparent, with more natural soundstage and many other benefits in sound quality.
I plan on asking my dealer if he could loan me a P5 to try it in my system. Though I kinda understood that the electricity was cleaner in France than in the US (something about nuclear power being more stable than coal powered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyPal View Post
I was a sceptic & for many years too. Now I am a sucker..but for sound science & not voodoo science. There is valid science to high purity precious metals that are drawn & wound methodically, carefully shielded & terminated. You only have to look at what the aerospace industry do.

IMO tuning mediocre wire with passive electronics in the termination or joined inside of some welded black box in the middle of a run is voodoo science.

Good quality cable of comparable metallurgical composition sounds very similar after 1000hrs. Some take longer than others to get there... Just sayin'
You have to admit that there is so much voodoo that it's hard to know where the real science is. Trust me I do believe in what you say and this is what I want to experience. I can understand the basic physics behind resistance, inductance, ... but there are some things that I really don't grasp the science behind.