Thread: VPI tables
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmd2010 View Post
Serge,

I am going to present the opposite. I owned the VPI Avenger for a year. I did not like this table one bit. It turned me off of vinyl.

The unipivot arm was a royal pain in the butt. It introduces a whole other issue of azimuth. I found the arm to be less stable.

Introduce clearaudio. Their universal tonearm is a pure joy to use. Extremely stable in the groove and no azimuth issues to deal with. Further, I think that CA builds a superior turntable in both construction, durability, and appearance.

I will never look back. I realize we have lots of Vpi owners on this forum and they seem to be very happy and that’s fantastic. I just wanted to present the opposite side.
Congrats on your Clearaudio Master Innovation, Aditya! I love mine as well.

A concern of mine (when last shopping, before I bought my first CA Innovation) about VPI was of course 1) their unipivot arms and 2) the way they change philosophies and directions, which causes many of their top-tier tables to become outdated or OOP within just a few short years (excepting the lovely HR-X). The Innovation products were done right from the start, and are still an excellent part of the CA lineup 8 years later, still in their original forms.