View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio bill View Post
Steve - Since you have the VPI Fatboy arm I thought you might be interested in comments I heard at last year's AXPONA directly from Harry Weisfeld about the AT ART1000 on that arm. It's one of his favorites and he said that it compares well against the Lyra Atlas which retails at $12K... not that they sound the same but that it competes in the same league of performance. He really likes the direct coupling that AT achieves by having the moving coils directly over the stylus tip on their ART1000. Quite an amazing achievement and surprising that they can offer it at $5K retail given today's market with stratospherically priced cartridges.
Thanks very much, Bill. Good to know that’s what Harry likes. That Dynavector XV1-S that I’ve enjoyed for so long was directly due to Harry’s recommendation way back when.

Like you, the price of the ART1000 is something of a minor miracle considering the price of its competitors and the amount of intricate hand labor it takes to build the ART.

Steve

D’Agostino Momentum M400 amps, Momentum HD preamp, Momentum phono amp, Wilson Audio Alexx, 2X3 SVS SB16 Ultra subwoofer stacks.

Shunyata Triton v3 & Typhon QR, Typhon. Shunyata Sigma NR & NR v2 cords and cables, Stillpoints ESS grid system rack, Stillpoint Ultras, ASC Tube Traps . . . and lots of music!