View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSem View Post
Thanks pstrisik and FloridaBoy. I appreciate the link to the rectifier tubes. I admit that a big attraction to these amps was that each had its own character imparted by someone with a long track record and a continuing love for what he's doing. The story behind my amp is that Chip contacted Dennis in December 2014. He basically said "make me your favorite amp, but make it a little special." It came in the copper color with no name plate -- just the Inspire logo on the front -- things that were probably special in January 2015, but have surely been repeated on many amps since then. The inscription on the bottom does not refer to a tube number. Just "Firebottle." But Chip said that Dennis told him that it was a 6L6 amp. And as FloridaBoy wrote, one of the "make it special" things that Dennis did was to provide 3 full sets of tubes that would show off the range of the amp. According to Chip, though, he liked the KT-88's and never tried the others. I don't have the amp yet. It should arrive in the next couple of days. I'll provide some info on my system as well as the specific tubes in a future post. Here and Here are links to a picture with the tubes loaded and the inscription.

Nice looking amp! I'm partial to red . But I found the listing and see it is his favorite copper finish. My second choice. It is also a nice look without the wide walnut or black nameplate.

The listing also indicated silver hookup wire and upgraded caps. Do you know what caps it has? Have a photo of the inside? If not, it would be great if you took the bottom plate off to take one before you set it all up, particularly since it is evidently a "special edition".