View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancho View Post
Hello Martin - currently using a Class A Luxman 590AXii.....with Triangle Magellan Cello Speakers ....considering Accuphase pre & power combination as my next upgrade ...

Was considering P4500 and then all this talk about A48 comes up.....would you Martin advocate that A48 would win thumps up against the p4500. Might be hard to say if you haven't auditioned them - still your knowledge if you could share is much appreciated.

At that level - would A & AB would it be sonically different ? audible enough ? Thanks
Sorry, but I cannot honestly answer your question. Too many unknown parameters to me. I do neither know the Luxman nor your speakers, and there is also no information about your sources or your cabling.

I once had the opportunity to listen to P-4200 vs. A-47, but on speakers and in an environment I knew. To my ears, the A-47 had some advantages over the P-4200, so personally I would have chosen Class A in this context.

Generally speaking, you need to find the optimum balance for your system. All components (sources, amps, speakers and cables) should eventually be chosen to match your sonic taste.
The only way to find your personal optimum is by doing a lot of (comparative) listening.
In this context you should not try to listen for differences you could describe in words, but rather rely on your emotional reaction to the music.
Do you feel more relaxed with a particular choice than with another? Do you get tired of listening more quickly with one choice than with another? Do you feel, you like one sonic character more than another?

Martin