View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome W View Post
The input is the side without the ground cable.
Output gets the ground cable.
For right / left : you choose. No matter. Just be sure to have both right channels on the same side of the transfo.
Hi Jerome,

I believe it is the complete opposite. The INPUT side is the one with the ground cable in the middle of the RCA jacks. I just picked up an A23 step up for Ortofon SPU cartridges and a second one for Denon DL 103 carts.

At some point, I'd look to getting the Hommage as well, both T1 and T2. These step Ups are really stunning with their intended matched cartridges.

EDIT: I wanted to come back and edit this post. Jerome is right for the Denon DL-103 version. As of today, I own both versions and the peculiar thing is that for the Standard A23 Step up for the Ortofon transformer, the input side has the ground wire. For the Denon DL-103 Standard A23 version, the output side has the ground wire. Very confusing, but once setup, who cares.
Analog: Ear Discmaster, Redpoint Model D, VPI TNT 6 Hot Rod, Townshend Rock 7, EAR 324, VDH Grasshopper III GLA, Dynavector XV-1T, Dynavector XV-1S, Jorma Prime/Origo, Jan Allaerts, Einstein Turntables Choice, Digital: EAR Acute IV / Dac IV Preamp: EAR 912, Ray Samuels B-52 Amplifiers: EAR 890 Monoblocks, Concert Fidelity ZL-120V2SE, Almarro 318B Accessories: Stillpoints ESS Rack, Sistrum, KS Emotion Cables Speakers: Marten Coltrane Tenor

Last edited by shaizada; 02-08-2017 at 09:20 PM.