View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslrock View Post
The main reason I chose Audirvana Plus over JRiver Media Center is I did not want to be forced to go through the steep learning curve for the JRiver. I will follow this thread often to learn how to set up JRiver and may make the switch. How about a JRiver primer of how to tweak for initial set up that will provide 90% plus of the sound quality improvements and when the user becomes more knowledgable and inquisitive they can then tweak further. Also how to assimilate the user's music library. Sort of an on-line course?
I suppose you are running JRiver on a Mac since you mentioned A+. JRMC19 was an absolute breeze to install and set up on my Mac mini. Dumped 1.87 TB into database. Every album art displayed, JRemote controlling via iPad. It was intuitive to set up with little internet guidance and poking around, few clicks here and there. My only misstep was changing the skin which caused digital clicks when playing certain files (and even then I was given and ignored JRiver's warning that the skin was incapable with my system). Changed skin to something else, all is good. The JRemote/JRMC UI is top notch and really unbelievable for the nominal grand total of $60. I was using Pure Music previously. The iPad app sold me on JRiver. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in and try it out. They allow a free two week trial period.

Preamp: McIntosh C1100T/C1100C, McIntosh MX180
Amp: McIntosh MC611 (2), MC601 (3), MI254
Digital: McIntosh D1100, McIntosh MCT450, Meridian 808v6, Aurender N20, Aurender ACS10, Oppo 203
Analog: McIntosh MT10, Hana Umami Red
Phono preamp: Simaudio Moon 610LP, 820S
Signal cables: WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables; Shunyata Sigma v2 XLR (2); Sigma v1 XLR (2), Transparent Ref XL (MM2) XLR; WW Silver Eclipse 7 (4)
Digital cables: Shunyata Omega USB, Omega Ethernet, Sigma Ethernet; WW Platinum 7 Coax, AES/EBU
Switch: Innuos PhoenixNet
Power: Audioquest Niagara 7000, Audioquest 5000, Audioquest Dragon, Hurricane PC, Shunyata Alpha HC, AQ NRG Edison outlets, (8) 20 amp dedicated lines, 125 amp subpanel
Speakers: Wilson Sasha DAW, Dynaudio Contour 30, Dynaudio Contour 25C
Subs: REL s/812 (6), REL s/510 (3)
Accessories: HRS M3X2 shelf (MT10), Stillpoints Ultra II v2 w/ bases (21), Ultra SS (12), Mini (12), LPi v1
Sound treaments: Artnovion