View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 10:21 PM

Default Show us your Timepiece!

On the way home from a business trip, I stopped in at my Rolex Dealer yesterday just for kicks. Boy am I glad I did!

I was talking to store manager and I mentioned that although I’ve seen both the Sea-Dweller and its bigger brother, the Deep Sea Sea-Dweller, I’ve never compared them side-by-side. (There’s a huge demand for both of these watches and most dealers laugh when they are asked if they have any available. At best, they put your name on a list and you wait for a call). She gestured with her finger and told me to hang on.

When she came back, she had both of them in her hands. Unfortunately they were both spoken for with deposits. Nonetheless, she let me take a look at them and even try them on.

After seeing them side-by-side, I decided right then and there that I like the Sea-Dweller 50th anniversary with red “Sea-Dweller” over the Deep Sea.

The manager told me she tried to contact the guy who put the deposit on the 50th anniversary Sea-Dweller, but he hasn’t responded yet. She said if he doesn’t respond by the end of the week, she’ll refund his deposit and it will be available.

I put a deposit down and if it’s available tomorrow, it’s mine. If it’s not, I get the next one to come in the shop. Crossing my fingers I get a call tomorrow.

IMG_4094.JPG

IMG_4092.JPG

The single red line of text is nod to the vary rare 1967 prototypes.

IMG_4093.JPG

(Internet photos)

Last edited by Cohibaman; 01-11-2019 at 12:28 AM.