View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post

As for interconnects, I swapped out a pair of Kimber Hero for Transparent Plus on my SACD player and the sound was quite similar, with the Plus a bit smoother on top. I was listening specifically to the top end because of bright-sounding CDs and was experimenting with this change. If I remember correctly, some AQ King Cobra sounded about the same as the Plus, though I did no direct comparisons. I got a pair of Transparent Super to replace the MusicLink Plus pair connecting my preamp and power amps, but don't recall hearing anything that different. I have not experimented with swapping the Super with the Plus on my SACD player to see if there's a difference. The Super has a heavier-gauge conductor and may make a difference; I don't know.

I have very good ears and know what to listen for in terms of what I like, and roll my eyes at the extremely expensive cables out there, having a hard time believing they make that much difference past a certain point. My take overall is that cables can make a real difference, but don't always necessarily.

Time for breakfast.
Very interesting. Just curious, what was the price difference between the Kimber Hero and the Transparent Plus interconnects?