View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 11:17 AM

I became an official member of the "Alpha" club yesterday afternoon when UPS dropped off a package. I had been listening to music most of the day, so I opened it up and installed the Alpha into my system.

Right out of the gate the music was more alive. So much so that I was actually taken aback and I remember thinking, "Really? Can it really be this good?" I listened to about a dozen more songs and came away with my first thought which I will share now. Others are better at describing nuances than I and I will leave them to it.

Prior to purchasing my Dali's last year I was a dyed in the wool electrostatic owner. I've always had ESL's and tube gear. I made the change last year when I finally decided I would give up some of the midrange magic ESLs are so famous for in exchange for better dynamics and more weight on the bottom end.

What struck me yesterday and today is how much of that midrange magic the Alpha put back into my system. Really, I am stunned. Music is more immediate, the midrange is sweeter and get this; at lower volumes, (65db peaks) it's still all there.

I am more than delighted with my purchase. The Alpha was no small decision for me and worth every penny. I can't wait to find out how it evolves in the next couple of weeks.

Thank all of you for your excellent reviews which led me to give this a rip.

- Bob

Dali Epicon 8, Luxman 509X, highy modified MDHT Orchid Dac, Cambridge Audio CD transport, iMac, Core Power 1800, Shunyata and Nordost cables

Last edited by jzzmusician; 05-16-2019 at 11:20 AM.