View Single Post
Old 01-23-2016, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattia View Post
Barsur,
just a quick question.

In the light blind test you performed and mentioned before, how was the DP-510 connected to the DC-300?

It was connected to the analogue inputs or digital? Because if connected in analogue (so with another AD/DA passage in the signal path) the DC-300 was as transparent as the others, that would I think be an ulterior testament of his quality.

And to further abuse of your patience: do you find any difference (regarding CD material obviously) in going digitally from the DP-510 to the DC-300 versus going analog?
My DC-300 is normally in the following sysem: Accuphase DP 90 digital into DC 300 in Accuphase A100 and than to Harbeth P3ESR. This is one of my beloved aystem which I own. Absolut wonderful.

For the light blind test, I had following configuration: Accuphase DP 510 analog in DC 300 in Accuphase A 70 and than to Magico S1. I used the analog input for comparison reason, because C290 and C2420 doesnīt have digital inputs.

I compared (no blind test) the digital input against the analog input of the D-300 and the digital input seemed a little bit more transparent. But ofcourse without blind test this statement has no value at all.

If you know what is playing than comes normally a psychologic effect. Typically for example, if people know that they are listening to tubes. In one of our last blind test, I compared a Mcintosh tube amplifer against a solid state Mcintosh amp. People thougt they would here to the Mcintosh MC 275 because I told them so, but instead they were listing again to MC 452. But everybody told me how much "warmer" the music is now with the tube amp. But I didnīt switch the amps, they were listing in reality again to the solid state amp. They were shocked how big the psychologic effect is in audio.
Best regards
Martin

Last edited by Barsur; 01-23-2016 at 01:43 PM.