View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldominion View Post
Hey all, and happy holidays to you all, whatever those holidays may be!

Am curious to learn more about the new KT88/Inspire, which sounds an awful lot like my FireBottle, which is among my favorite amps of all time (and I've had plenty). Straitwire, I sent an email to Dennis last week inquiring about the KT88 w volume control and the possibility of adding two inputs so I could run it without a preamp. Have not heard back.

I've got a Yamamoto 2a3 amp w a vol control and have been enjoying the heck out of not having to mess with a preamp. Yes, it's kind of a pain switching cables between my phono stage and my streamer, but at the end of the day it's not that big a deal. (This amp is an absolute stunner, btw). Does anyone else out there have an opinion on this matter of preamp vs no preamp? I really enjoy the musings and aesthetic of Kevin at Glow in the Dark Audio dot com, and he eschews preamps and prefers the simplicity and purity of single-ended amps with vol controls. Got to say I'm coming around to his way of thinking!

Anyhow, I know Dennis is a busy man but since he chooses not to have a normal website offering information on his products and he seems to be the only person who can address these various product-oriented questions...well, you now what comes next!

My primary question is this: Does Dennis take trade-ins of his products and offer credit towards new ones? If not, no big deal. But if so, I'd like to talk turkey (gobble gobble) about trading in my FireBottle Universal and 3.1 preamp towards a single KT88 (universalish?) with a vol knob. Thanks!
Read this review. http://6moons.com/audioreviews/yamamoto2/45_5.html

You may want to try a TVC, transformer volume control with the Yamamoto. This one was recommended in the review.

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/...mages/2837246/ Not mine, no affiliation.

IMHO, the Inspire gear sounds best with an Inspire preamp.

Last edited by FloridaBoy; 12-02-2020 at 03:30 PM.