View Single Post
Old 04-15-2020, 12:53 AM

So I accidentally scuffed up the front of one of my handles while assembling some furniture. How much for a replacement handle or a pair? its a MC462. or should I contact my dealer about possibly getting a replacement set from mcintosh direct? I could maybe send in my old handles and they could refurbish them. dunno what to do... it's not even visible unless you stick your nose right on it but I'm OCD about it!

it almost looks more like a stain then a scuff, and running my finger over it, i dont detect any grooves or indentation in the handle. is the handle made of metal? im not sure what even happened, cus the shelf is technically softer since its made of wood. but it was a pretty hard fall, the shelf weighs like 40lb and it basically fell smack right onto the handle, clipped it a bit.

false alarm guys. I was trying to figure out what the heck happened, since I was pretty sure the handles are made of metal, and I just couldnt see how something softer could scratch it. I know how rocks work! a softer rock cant scratch one harder then it. so yeah. I got on my hands and knees and scrubbed, scrubbed, scrubbed, and I was able to get the mark off. it took like 5 minutes of scrubbing though. it all came off flawlessly, no scuff left on it.

my guess what happened is the satin lacquer finish of my shelf rubbed off onto the handle, its why it was maple coloured.

Last edited by direstraitsfan98; 04-15-2020 at 01:28 AM.