View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 11:50 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJinID View Post
Sorry to hear that Dan. There are a lot of phono stages out there - I have no doubt you will find the right one!
Jeff.......The field is full of phono stage preamps, but it is becoming apparent that only the premium level ones are truly satisfactory.

I have a number of great things going for me in the studio. The room was designed, built and insulated for sound. It has been fully treaded with bass traps and acoustic panels to tame the audible anomalies. Even the entrance door to the studio is insulated and seals top, bottom and sides when closed. The room is very quiet. You can hear a pin drop. Add to that the McIntosh system with premium interconnects, power cables and speaker wires. The sound system that is dead quiet, no hissing, humming, buzzing, nothing but silence at any volume setting with no signal present. This is wonderful, and helps paints an absolute velvet blackness behind every sound that comes from the system. This system in this room is highly revealing of any flaws in components and/or source material. There is no sneaking anything by this sound system. It is a true asset when everything is right, and a liability for the weakest link because it cannot hide. This is the case with the Pass Labs XP-15. It just cannot hide in this system, period.

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A