View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklinLG View Post
Old Grey, thanks for the thoughtful and helpful input. I note, too, that you're in Cleveland. FWIW, I was born there and grew up in North Olmsted and Westlake. After parsing through yours and Sibelius's comments, I suspect I really should do a "wine tasting" before plunking anything down on one of these amps. And, of course, an ideal tasting would be here, locally...

PS - I pulled the trigger on the Vosne Romanee earlier. A little nuts, but still, I can't wait.

I've been in Cleveland for about 10 years now. I've been all over and I personally think it gets a bad rap. Not many places with such great music, art, food, pro sports, etc. without the headaches of a big metropolitan area. Sure, the long winters leaves something to be desired, but it's a great excuse to stay inside & listen to music!

Congrats on the VR! Yep. As you've gathered, the amps are much more personal taste than the preamps. Do you have Shindo/Devore dealers in FL? Funny you should make the move to Shindo/Devore down there when you had one of the best dealers right here in NEO. Life always seems to work that way.