View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 10:10 AM

I've owned 5 CJ/Wranglers and 3 Grand Cherokees over the past 40 years and I can honestly say that none were ever in the shop for anything other than scheduled maintenance. Most of Jeep's so-called quality issues have been due to first time Jeep owners not knowing what they're buying and/or not understanding how to properly use them. Some of their lower line models (Cherokee, Compass, Renegade, etc.) have been improperly marketed over the years as extremely rugged off-road vehicles that really shouldn't be in the same categories or mentioned in the same breath as the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee. I find those two models as being the most capable off-road vehicles in their classes produced in America. Every other body on frame SUV produced has used those two models as benchmarks since the beginning of the SUV craze. That's much like McIntosh's American reputation in high end audio amplification. Research and understand the vehicle's capabilities along with their strong and weak points before you buy anything. Nothing excels at everything.