View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iefbo View Post
How do you use the NB? With Roon?
Yes, with Roon. I do occasionally stream Tidal directly using the dCS app. Here I can’t lay claim to any benefits over listening to Tidal via Roon, but this is perhaps not a fair comparison either (I upsample using DSP in Roon). It is the Roon interface/experience that pushes me to use Roon and not so much any difference in sound quality.

I do also occasionally use AirPlay as well. And here I have the Network Bridge to be a step-up compared to streaming via Airplay using an Airport Express and then via Toslink into the MCD1100. Here we are talking about 128 kbps AAC or 320 kbps MP3, but the Bridge clearly excelled here too.

For me, it was the Airplay and Roon endpoint capabilities that was a significant factor in my decision to go with the Bridge. I took a bit of a leap of faith that it would yield a significant improvement (I did ‘audition’ one at my dealer, but that’s worth only so much in an unfamiliar system), but in the end it has worked out well. As I mentioned in my last post, I haven’t had the inkling to perform any hard clinical comparisons. I am too busy enjoying the tunes. And that says a lot.