View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyljh
If you don't use Shindo or A23 cables, which you should because it does sound more correct- i.e. not as flashy with over the top definition or focusing that doesn't not exist in life- you should/must use cables terminated with Switchcraft RCA's that match the Switchcraft used in Shindo components. When you use these other cables- just one single time, you take a huge risk of deforming the low mass hot connector. Now impedance goes high on the connection and you begin to lose frequency extremes, dynamics and energy. I would say most preamps and amps that come to me from mix and match systems need all new jacks. Sometimes this is the case with Shindo or A23 users because they wiggle the jacks to remove them. Straight in and straight out is the only way to use a RCA jack.

In my opinion and experience- if other cables sound better, its simply showing a blockage in your system. EQing with cables is the wrong approach, fix the problem, don't put bandaids and eq's on it. In every case, when the weaknesses are removed, the Shindo or A23 cables sound best again.

Just my inexperienced opinion...

Jonathan
Tone Imports
Jonathan,
What is the material of Shindo ICs ? Pure silver ?