View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 02:12 PM

Hi Timobi:
I have tested ARC amps with Mac preamps and vice versa. My take was that with one ARC component in place (preamp or amp) you only get 1/3 of the way home. But, with only one component exchange (preamp) you will nevertheless hear the direction which the changeover to both components will bring. Hopefully, you can test Mac amp and preamp v ARC amp and preamp with the same ancillary gear. The brands deliver two completely different presentations--ying and yang. I believe that, at the end of the day, you will come away with a clear preference. Whichever way you go--it will not be a tie.
Wilson Alexia V, ARC Ref 160M MkII,Ref 40,Ref Phono2SE, Shunyata Triton3, Typhon, Sigma PCs, ICs & SCs, Spectral SDR4000SV (w MIT IC), Belcanto PL1, Oppo 205, Marantz 2270 (tuner only):AudioDesk and VPI record cleaners, Furutech Demag & Destat; Stillpoint Apertures, TechDas AF 3S Premium with SAT CF9 and Kuzma 4pt 9" arms, Lyra Atlas Lambda SL, Dynavector XV1-t stereo and XV1-s mono carts, Miyajima mono, Shure V15VxMR,