View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpgr4blu View Post
2fastdriving:
I agree entirely with your thoughts on ARC and Dag. I have heard many brands over the years and usually run far away from solid state gear. But I heard a Dag combo that I liked a lot at my dealer and asked for an in house audition. I had the Dag 250 stereo in house to compare to my Ref 150. I thought each had their strengths and weaknesses--ARC being more of a "natural" presentation with better sustain, bloom and dimensionality, DAG being more transparent and revealing--but the differences were of character (tubes v ss)not of quality. I was very impressed with the Dag sound and considered buying it. But, in the end, I kept my ARC amp because I am at heart a tube guy---but if I ever switch--it will be for a Dag. So my vote for the best solid state is Dag although I also loved the sound of the Wells Audio Innamorata when I heard it in a system owned by a friend of mine. It is the most tube-like ss I've ever heard. My guess is that it is not quite as transparent as the Dag but provides an overall presentation closer to tubes.
You and I definitely think alike! I've always wanted to hear an innamorata.