View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 05:00 PM

I could not help myself.
I came across these beauties. Once a wet dream. Now more like vintage. Still good.
I don't need them. My Gryphon is doing it all perfectly well.
But you know...

Krell FPB 350Mc. Totally renovated with new high quality capacitors, transistors and more. They need some hundred hours to break in properly but it sounds already great, not far from Gryphon. Unexpected.

The drive and dynamics are good. The resolution is far better than expected.The timbre and airiness is are well.

Good old top of the line amps are still very competetive. Not that much has happened in these products. Some times i some c[IMG][/IMG]ompanies and products I think it is going backwords.

My intention is not to get rid of Gryphon Antileon Signature. Krell is just for fun. Curiosity.

Pics of course...

With Cast connection from Krell EVO 202.
Cast is a very good connection. I don't know or heard antything that beats it actually.

The red diod indicates Cast connection.

I'v heard a lot of Krell during the years. FPB are maybe the most fun to listen to. Especially 350Mc ore 450Mc.The bigger once lack some precision and lose some musicality.

So when I saw these used pair in very goos condition I just bought them and had them renovatet. For the price for these used products it's hard to find anything that good, even after some extra money spent on renovation.

Some of the used and replaced parts.

Mmmm, old memoris.

Last edited by Apexorca; 01-16-2019 at 05:22 PM.