View Single Post
Old 04-19-2013, 10:20 PM

Dave,

I've lately heard the Ref5se/Ref150 pairing ( on the 0/96) and also the Aurieges /LM518 and loved both. It would be great to get your thoughts after living with both these longer term.

The Ref5se and Ref150 only had about 200hrs on them. The ARC pair did so many things in a different league to the other two but still the Shindo/845 was doing things musically intensively that the ARC was kind of hinting at doing maybe later when it's caps were more fully burned in.

The reason I ask is because I will likely add another pre some time (while keeping the Shindo Aurieges) and was wondering about going with another Shindo up a rung or two (maybe either a Masseto/Vosne Romanee) or adding in a Ref5se. Which way would you feel you might go if the choice was there.

Tho by time I save up for this I might realistically even be looking at a Ref6 even given the way the ARC upgrade cycle is running ATM

The other thing was also your thoughts on the LM 845 ... along with Audion 845 monos I might consider an Arc Ref 75 as another way to go.

Are the 845s or the KT120s tending to give you more joy. Which amp do you tend to listen to more often and if you had to just live with just one which way would you go.

Sorry to put you on the spot a bit but your day in, day out longer term listening impressions would be great to hear.

Many thanks
Graham