View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 10:37 AM

Default Cables with Soulutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebrou View Post
I am using a real mixture. Soulution preamp has a Siltech Ruby Hill II pc and is connected to the power amp with a borrowed synergistic research balanced cables. I also have a pair of diy Oyaide balanced cables with Furutech rhodium XLR connectors. Meridian has same siltech pc and is connected to preamp with Crystal Cable reference rca. Audio Research has a Crystal Cable reference pc and connects with preamp with Argento Serenity balanced cables. Avid has a Crystal Cable Piccolo pc and power amp has a XLO LE 10 Mk II pc.

Oh forgot speakers which use Yter or Argento Serenity. Right now Yter is being used.

howie
Hi Howie,

Congrats on the excellent system you have there!!
Am a fellow Soulution(720+710) user too and in the same cable situation as you. Currently using Yter Speaker cable(2 pairs for biwire), Yter XLR interconnects from source to the 720, am considering to get another pair of Yter XLR to connect the 720 to 710 but thinking to try out Argento range of cables as had heard lots of good things about it.

Read that you have both brands to try out on your system and Yter missing some sparkle on the top frequency vs Argento, that would make me even more tempted to try out argento. Unfortunately the place I am at do not have a proper Argento dealer to trial their cables in my system so it mostly a leap of faith from what I read so far.

Will you be able to give more thoughts on both brands of cables in your system since its running in the same pre+power.
You views will sure be valuable to me... Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Last edited by epic; 04-15-2011 at 10:53 AM.