View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiHippie View Post
2fastdriving, I was under the impression, that adding a external clock would be a big benefit on the EtherRegen.

I would only be using the clocking for one my Roon Nucleus+, which I stream my Qobuz and Tidal music services. My Roon is fed via a Shunyata Research Omega USB to my McIntosh C523 preamplifier.

Are you suggesting by adding a external clock that I will not hear any benefits to using the internal clock on the EtherRegen? I would appreciate your thoughts on this setup.
Well...I doubt it, but everyone's system is different. I have a clocked etherregen, and I've never tried it without the clock input turned on. I guess I could.

But I will say, adding the etherRegen wasn't exactly mind blowing. I don't believe it was a huge difference in my case, and so I doubt that clocking vs unclocking is a big difference.

A clock costs many thousands of dollars (usually...) so I wouldn't buy one just for the small benefit of using with this ethernet switch. I'd only buy one for use with a DAC and potentially a transport or switch, etc as a secondary need. This is what I'm doing, personally. The clock has made a very nice improvement for my DAC (I've had a few actually).