View Single Post
Old 11-01-2020, 11:57 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioquest4life View Post
I am in overhaulin mode for my audio gear lately. I am awaiting the return of my Aesthetix IO signature phono amp which will return with two power supplies. Currently, I use Shunyata Black Mamba on the IO and on the PS Audio Power P5 regenerator (Waiting on the PS Audio P12 to arrive). I have upgraded my PS Audio P20 power cable to a 20 amp Alpha NR2 with great results. I am leaning towards ordering a quartet of the Alpha NR2s for the rest of the equipment.

Is staying with the Alpha NR2 a good strategy for the tube gear? I read In another equipment post where it was discussed that NR may not be needed in some locations. Is that for digital, streamers, etc.? I am thinking that I just want to level set all my power cords to be the same, no matter the source. Is this the right approach? Thanks in advance.
You don't need to use exactly the same specification PCs for all components; in other words, you don't specifically need to "level set". For example, I use Shunyata Sigma XC on my Everest and Shunyata NR on my power amp, resppectively, and Alpha for the preamp. Alpha NRv2s would be outstanding your amp, preamp, phono stage, DAC, etc, anything that outputs "analog" signal to the next component upstream.

For your digital streamer, where the "signal" resides completely in the digital domain, i.e., digital IN -> digital OUT, I'd recommend the Venom V14D Digital power cord. So, I use these PCs for my UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Ethernet switch, Mac Mini music server, and for my SOtM SMS-200 UltraNeo network bridge
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.