View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 08:51 AM

Default Kii Three + BXT | A New Chapter in High End Audio

Thank You Bart...I'm sure there will be other occasions.

The demo is still resonating in my mind. The Kii Three BXT System would have outperformed my old McIntosh setup (MC501, C1000, MCD1000, MDA1000, Proac Response D100) by a large margin. It really wouldn’t have been a fair contest. The effectiveness of having 2.000 Watt on tap in the lower frequency range would see to that; dynamic range ability reigns supreme.

With the cardioid radiation pattern and line array type loudness drop off over distance, one’s brain really has to reset itself. If I would have to describe the Kii experience in one word, it would be “Direct”. A lot of the hash and distortion, introduced by the room, is taken out of the equation. The sound is so much cleaner, unsullied. A lot of what we attribute to the speaker, amp or source is actually the room. If the interaction with the room is less pronounced, you hear more of the music, it is as simple as that.

If only this BXT system was available 2 years ago, I most likely would have purchased it, saving a lot of money in the process. Even multichannel would have become an option.

I’m extremely happy with my Analog Domain rig, my bank account less so :-). The BXT brings performance, mostly associated with unobtainium budgets, within reach of many more audio aficionados.

As far as complete packages go, I must say Grimm Audio is one step ahead with the announced MU1 Music Player. Just imagine the Kii with a Kii Roon End Point Digital Pre Amp (incl. a phono stage); that would be torture to resist. It would be a killer proposition and I would have to expand the man cave to accommodate that system.

Last edited by JemHadar; 10-17-2018 at 09:22 AM.