View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Under View Post
I really like your Electrocompaniet power amp and your speakers-the Alexias.
Your amp supplies plenty of current at low impedances which is essential for proper driving of the Wilsons as I am sure you are aware.
Is there something you feel is missing with your current amp?
I have listened to the D'Agostinos several times and they are very good-no question.
I am just not sure that they are a quantum leap over your current amp.
Thanks for your reply....

I like my electro amp. I've liked almost every piece of audio gear I've owned with only a few exceptions. My reason for upgrade is I am starting a second system and I plan to move my electro there since the system is more moderate in price. In that system I actually already have some Electrocompaniet PSF-1 speakers which would pair up nicely with their amp. As a result I am in the market for another amp so I figured I could get something better. It's a hobby for me and I've enjoyed hearing the improvements over the year. Granted I would not consider making a heavy investment if the gains to be had were minimal. But like many things what some people consider subtle others feel are major differences. I'm a critical listener, possibly like many others on these forums. I like to put the lights down at night and play high res tracks and imagine the band or singer in front of me. The electro is a lot of bang for the buck and very musical. I hope that answers your question?