View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly YB-2 View Post
Am wondering what you've "heard" after having your TT/TA set-up checked by an 'expert'. Do you have him/her do both cartridges for you so you could compare to one another (as much as possible with the time lag after swapping same - no mean feat - one reason I go with a universal headshell TA). Dyna, Ortofon, Koetsu, etc., definitely all have their 'house sound'. To my ears AT and Ortofon are the most pleasing. YMMV.
p.s. - some tube-rolling in your ARC preamp migh change everything.
Well, the table was a bit out of whack. The speed was off, to start out with, tracking force was a bit light, VTA, and anti skate not too bad. It took a couple of hours to dial everything in on the Dynavector. Another hour listening, trying different settings on the phono stage. I was pretty damn pleased with what I was hearing, so I decided to spend some time with this cart for a while. I will look into a head shell, or possibly a second arm, and will have my eyes peeled for a gently use Koetsu cart, but in the mean time,
Parasound JC-1s (3), A-21
Kharma dB11-s Mains, Cremona M (center) Grand Pianos (rears)
JL Audio Gotham G213 V1(1) F-112V1(1) F-112V2(1)
Clearaudio Innovation Wood, Benz Micro Gullwing SLR Dynavector XX2 MK2 Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
Audio Research Ref 2se phono
Lumin X1
Lumin S1
Oppo-205
AudioQuest Hurricane HC, Tornado HC(2), and Thunder HC, Diamond RJ/E
PS Audio P-10(2) AC-3, AC-5, AC-10 PCs.
(6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, (6)Furutech outlets.
(1) GDX-DR-NCF, (2) GDX-D Gold, (3) GDX-D Rhodium
AZ Absolute Copper, and Clear Day Audio solid silver Bal ICs.
WW Gold Eclipse 7 speaker cables.
Rob