View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterlu View Post

Ok, after breaking in these cables for 150+ hours, I’m ready to share my listening impressions. This Shunyata Sigma USB cable replaced my WW Platinum Starlight 7 USB cable.

First off, these cables look nothing like I have ever seen. Note the photo below my review; installation in my Grandioso Stack was a bit tricky because, I’m a neat freak and there are already lots of cables behind my stack. Once installed, it was just a wait game as my SilenZio simply played 24/7 in all musical resolutions to fully break them in.

First up was Sade, You’re Love is King from The Ultimate Collection / Remastered Redbook streaming via SilenZio to my Esoteric D1’s. The level of detail, and air surrounding Sade’s voice, instruments and image placement was unprecedented. I have never heard this track sound better; in fact if I didn’t know better, I would swear this was DSD. Nope, just a plain old 16 bit Redbook.

Next up was Chris Jones, No Sanctuary Here from Roadhouses and Automobiles. This has always been a great demo track; but now it took on a new life of it’s own. Chris’s voice just rang out with a profound presence (no easy task for those familiar with this track) the Bass and beat were staggeringly real. Once again, this was just an ordinary Redbook that was ripped in FLAC.

For my last comparison I played Billy Joel, Only The Good Die Young from The Stranger in DSD. Here is a song we not only grew up with, but have heard it countless times over the years. However, I never heard it sound like this! Billy’s voice never sounded better, the subtleties of the brushes on the drums, and piano keys being struck left me breathless. This will undoubtedly now be a standard demo track for me going forward.

In summary, the Shunyata Sigma USB is unlike any other USB cable I have ever heard. Perfection doesn’t come inexpensive as this cable retails for $2K and is standard at 1.75M

I fully intend to upgrade a few more USB cables in my other systems with more Sigma USB cables. If you’re ready for the next level of digital playback, look no further than upgrading your USB cable with these.

That is exciting news Ivan. Are you using an iFi Purifier in conjunction with your Shunyata USB cable?
Bryston 28B Cubed Monoblock amps with Sound Anchor stands, Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryston SP3 Processor, JL Audio CR-1 Sub Crossover, PS Audio P15 with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bricasti M-21 Platinum DAC, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Aurender N10 music server/streamer with Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Nordstrom Heimdall 2 Ethernet cable and RevOpod footers, TAD CR-1(mains) with Stillpoint Ultra SS, Bryson 9B3 Surround Amplifier, Sonus Faber Cremona M (center), Diva Swans (surrounds), (2) JL Audio F113 subs with RevOpod footers and granite bases, Oppo 95, Wireworld Gold Eclipse speaker cables, Wireworld Platinum interconnects and Wireworld Silver and Platinum Electra 7 power cables, Furutech Flux 50 in-line power filters, (6) dedicated 20 amp circuits, Shunyata outlets, Nordost QRT QKORE3 and QKORE6 Grounding Units, ADD-Pwr Sorcer X4 and various GK Acoustics acoustic panels.