View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 09:37 AM

I have been playing with my digital clock cables a Acrolink 6100 , 5100, cybershaft clock cable and what my "best" sounding (non-75 ohm cable) to transmit 75 ohm PLL frequencies to the Esoteric K-01x and a mutec MC3.1+usb reclocking my streamer (also fed) via masterclock frequencies (accepted from 44.1khz in correct multiples to 10M)

It was interesting as i removed my best cable (non 75ohm) nor 50 ohm.

I was at a loss, substituting the Cybershaft generic clock cable. A loss of focus, less bass impact, definition and localization most appeaeant.

However, using different masterclock frequencies to the K-01x and muctec mc3.1+ usb.

I gained much back and the ipact of different frequencies fed as master has a profound effect on the sonics.

It seems now i am getting back much of the sound before eliminating 1 audiograde clock cable just applying different frequencies, i was much more profound than i recalled and answered my own question that clocking will have a much bigger impact than just the SPDIF/AESEBU interface from transport to dac (Using good correctly spec'ed cables)!

Any this is before changing any filter settings on the esoteric, footers, positioning or room acoustics tweaking!