View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 10:45 PM

Maybe they have an interest in each other because there owned together. I owned Rotel RSP 1068. 1095, and a 1092 before upgrading to my Mcintosh Amps. The Mac amps were a great improvement, I can't imagine the Classe outperforming them. The SSP 800 seems to be the same as the Mac MX-150 (less cost for the classe)- Classe offers a 5ch 200watt amp a 500 watt monoblocks. There is a price a aesthetic difference, not sure about a Audio and Video difference. I'll have to do some comparsions. I was thinking of buying a video system for my home upnoth. I think the classe may be alittle less expensive. I think there SSP 800 is about $6,000-$8,000. Im sure their 5 ch. amp is about the same price. There Mono blocks maybe about the same too. I'll have to do some a/b comparison. I have 3 seperate dealers, one just sells classe the other classe and Mac.
My dealer that just sells Classe states they blow McIntosh away. I don't care for negative bashing just becuase you don't sell a particular brand. Since he doesn't sell Wilson, he states there not good either "Ignorant" I'm very happy with my Mac, trying to find something that sounds as good or better may be a challenge but I would never bash a brand I didn't carry. Just not professional. Not sure if Classe's 400watt mono blocks are as conservative as Mcinthosh's MC501's. Testing to follow. Rotel compared to McIntosh is not an even comparison, McIntosh is in a completely separate criteria. I wonder is McIntosh is the Ferrari and Classe is the Porsche. Rotel would be the Cadillac I guess. IMO.