View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by straitwire View Post
I would have to check with Dennis on the details, but we did build two stereo amps for someone who ran them as mono blocks using splitter interconnects and then connecting the speaker cables to the binding posts in a way that made the output transformers parallel, I think that's how it worked...
That makes sense if one considers doing this without internal (bridging) changes in the circuit, although I did not know this was possible.

So, other than splitting the Preamp's interconnects (no-brainer), you mean feeding the speaker cables crossed: First amp's speaker right output to the first speaker's right input and that amp's left speaker output to the 2nd speaker's left speaker input (so as to use the entire output of that amp into a virtual single speaker); and then do the opposite with the 2nd amp (Right speaker output from 2nd amp into 2nd Speaker's Right input, and Left speaker output on that 2nd amp to the First speaker's Left input).

Interesting concept (and much simpler than internal bridging, probably also less prone to SQ losses) ... Could you kindly confirm this with Dennis? Thanks!