Thread: Soulution Amps
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car commander View Post
Would you compare your Soulution VS the Dart gear for me? I own the Dart amp but have been tempted a few times by the Soulution gear. I tried the 520 preamp in my system but it was very bright.
I had the Dart and a Soulution 710 in my room for over a year. I still have the Dart but upgraded to a 711 a little over 3 months ago.

Let me first say that it's become clear to me that, at the higher quality level of amps, there is a lot more variation between the effect of different factors (e.g., cables, power conditioners, temporal variations in electrical power quality, room characteristics, associated equipment, etc) than between amps.

And unless you've carefully controlled for these factors, the comparison can not be generalized: YMMV.

In my case, I've made significant changes to my cables since the last time I heard the Dart, so it's difficult to characterize the differences.

But having said that, there is no doubt that the Dart is a great amp. Very refined. Very transparent yet musical. It is very comparable to the 710 but I'd give the nod in musicality to the Dart. At current used market prices, the Dart is a real audio bargain.

The only reason I went with the Soulution initially was the Dart would run out of steam when driving my Magico M5s during loud music passages. Since I often play music at realistic concert levels, I just kept listening to the 710.

The new 711 is a completely different amp than the 710, however. I've been listening to the 711 exclusively for about 3 months now. It's a gem. More resolving, faster and musical than the 710.

I'll be able to listen to the Dart for an extended period over the next month with the same setup as the 711. I'll give you my impressions then.