View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 05:58 PM
Life is beautiful

Default Our second system - work in progress

We pondered a long time over selling or keeping our tube amps.
Then I got the idea of a second listening room in our veranda.
My lovely audiophile wife immediately started looking for some inexpensive second hand furniture, gathered some stuff laying around in the house, and we now have an alternative for our fantastic living room system.

Here it is, at minimum expense:

The Halgorythme amps are of course the stars of this system.
The 2 box pre amp is splendid, and the two box power amps (48W in class A) deliver quite some, delicious, current.

We're now using a pair of vintage JVC speakers, inherited from my mom. They're 44 years old and still going strong.

The Burmester 061 moved from the main system to this one. Still a great player and DAC.

We have a pair of KEF LS50 Metas on order, that will serve for some time in this system, and then move to my wife's office system. Her B&W XT4s are really worn out, and as her first name is Meta, this is the obvious destination for these nice little speakers.

I then want to hunt for a pair of good vintage speakers, preferably floor standers.

Damn, it's sounding already better than it should, with all those reflecting glass walls, and those 70s speakers!

Cables are spare Wireworld Silver Eclipses (interconnects and power cables) and some generic speaker cable (no Wireworld leftovers unfortunately).
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables

Last edited by bart; 02-05-2021 at 06:34 PM.