View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 07:44 PM
Merry Christmas to all

Paul.......Here are some quotes from other Aurender N10 owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwardo View Post
Got an N10 about 6 weeks ago and I concur with Dan's and others' experience. Couldn't be happier after about 750 hours of play time.

In fact, I'm not getting enough sleep these days because I sit and listen to music far too late into the night. Not a bad problem to have as it's all about enjoying the music.

In my system, the coax spdif sounds best with the XLR being a very close second and the USB being a distant 3rd. YMMV.

Also, thanks to all of you who contributed to this thread...very educational. Your experiences were a significant factor in me choosing the N10 over other offerings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
Dan,

I'm a bit late to party in finding your excellent and well written review of the N10. I've owned my N10 since February 2016 and upgrading from a MicMini with external USB hard drive was a sonic revelation to put it mildly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmd2010 View Post
So I just got a demo at home of the N100H and A/B it vs my laptop. Used the WW USB listed below.

The difference when the N100H was in the system was pretty huge vs usb out from my laptop. The difference was in the soundstage, as Dan pointed out. All musicians were correctly placed in not only the X and Y plane but also the Z plane.

Cymbals and piano were far more vivacious and bass was more commanding and staccato.

the 4Tb one is 3K retail for the N100H and that would be a no brainer for me, as the upgrade in quality was quite drastic.

My dealer was supposed to give me the N10 to demo as well but accidentally gave me the A10 instead. Would have loved to see the differences between these units.
Followed shortly with this additional post from docmd2010:

Quote:
Originally Posted by docmd2010 View Post
Ok. just listened to the N10. It was a huge upgrade to the N10, details were pouring out from my digital music collection like I've never heard before. The soundstage became even bigger. My 802D3's suddenly disappeared in thin air and a huge production stage just popped out. Quite sensational.

It only took me about 20 minutes after I listened to the N10 to place an order. Should get it next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3brow View Post
I pulled the trigger today. Aurender N10 8TB, black, has been ordered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscotth View Post
Dan,

As you know the n100h only uses USB audio out. I, like you, prefer the clock inside the n10. The n10 is much more of an audiophile type component. Better air, detail and soundstage. Don't get me wrong, the n100h is a great unit, just not as refined as the n10. I like the flexibility of the n10. I'm using BNC out to my audio research dac9 and xlr aes to my oppo ha-1 headphone amp. I've completely bypassed the Esoteric dac. The dac9 is more liquid and smoother and "more analog"! I started with the n100h, to dip my toe in, and the limitation of only USB out was a bit of a negative for me. I use the n100h when we travel. We usually rent a house up north for a month or two, and it works great for that with a dac and hp amp. I've also used the n100h in my office system. It's interface with the conductor app, is identical with what you're used to. For a second system the n100h is a great way to go!

STUDIO - McIntosh C1000C/P, MC2301 (2), MR88, Aurender N10, Esoteric K-01X, Shunyata Sigma spdif digital cable, Sonos Connect, PurePower 2000, Stillpoints, Furutech Flux 50, Michell Gyro SE, Michell HR Power Supply, SME 309, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Wireworld, Sonus faber Amati Anniversario
LIVING ROOM - McIntosh C2300, MC75 (2), MR85, Magnum Dynalab 205, Simaudio MOON Neo 260D-T, Schiit Audio Yggdrasil, Aurender N100H, Shunyata Sigma USB cable, Micro Seiki DD40, Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Nakamichi BX-300, Sony 60ES DAT, PS Audio P10, Furutech Flux 50, Sonos Connect, Stillpoints, Wireworld, Kimber, PMC EB1i, JL Audio f113
VINTAGE - McIntosh MA230, Tandberg 3011A tuner, Olive 04HD, Sony DTC-59ES DAT, McIntosh 4300V, JBL 4312A

Last edited by jdandy; 07-22-2017 at 07:46 PM.