View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemcintosh View Post
Mike . Thank you.

warm, rich sounding speaker like your Elipsa's
...unfortunately...I don't feel that on my Elipsa ..Strange ...eh ? Remember I have the Harbeth maybe that is the reason coz they are really rich and warm speakers that I ever heard.

I finally found a place who has a C4 Yeah~ it is almost two hours away from my place though so have to find the time to drive up there.

As Revel Salon2 I heard only one place in Canada who is authorized dealer but have No clue where they are...I would love to try it after your recommendation....but..out of luck again.

Anyway...now it's down to B&W 802 Diamonds, Dyn C4 sig or Wilson Sasha now. I will keep you guys posted .
FWIW - I would not be getting the Sasha's. The tweeter in the Alexia's is far superior from what I've heard.

I always liked the 802D's - just never loved them enough to buy them. But if you like them, then that's all that matters. I had other B&W speakers (back in the nautilus days)...they were good.

If you're not finding the Elipsa's natural sounding (with a little warmth), then you may need to look at your components and cables. I would get rid of any silver in your cables for one thing.

I will also throw this out: have you treated your room yet? That plays a huge part. I would definitely treat your room if you have not already done so. The folks at ATS are great.

Mike