View Single Post
Old 11-26-2015, 05:19 PM

Dear sirs,

im very interested in this subject since I am experimenting in the same filed. Here is what I do.

My electronics are from Accuphase including the DG-58 voicing equaliser and the DF-55 digital x-over. The latter allows time alignment of each speaker benefitting from his own channel.

My speakers are a set of Sonus Faber Minima driven by two A-46 and a Sonus Faber active sub. While all this allows to adjust fairly easily the delay the problem is how much.

My dealer is also at home in pro audio and PA systems hence knows his way around. He has come to my house with his quite expensive measurement equipment and we have set the DF-55 to compensate for delay differences. The result? Absolutely stunning. An integration of the sub to the music never heard better. Maybe it's normal that I am blown away but others have stepped by for a listen and are confirming what I am hearing. If ever you have a capable Accuphase dealer around you who has gained experience in this don't hesitate to go and listen. Sound staging, depth of the image, flow, integration - fantastic.

Here comes my point. Each time I change something I would have to have my dealer come around and measure again to redo a proper setting. While this fun each time we do this it is also an expensive exercise.

As an alternative to this I downloaded the digital six audio app and in app downloads to measure the (group) delay of each speaker. While this shows some results it is clearly not as good as the pro measurement and setting. Does anyone of you have experience with group delay measurement equipment or software that works and is affordable?

Anerol