View Single Post
Old 01-01-2020, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
You have a great system. Looking forward to your impression when your new speakers arrive.
On one hand, choosing a streamer is fairly easy IMO as they don't have a "personal sound" in the way you find in an amp or speaker. What you get when climbing the price ladder is usually a more refined, liquid presentation. More 3D more "space".
(like buying a better cartridge :-).

Things to consider is ease of use (and this a point I find very important). Will you buy a separate DAC or would you want one in your streamer? Is CD ripping important or will you play from hard drive or Tidal, Spotify etc?

In addition to Naim, you should check out Innous (ripping and storage included). Start with a listen to their Zenith mk3 and compare it with their Statement. Other contenders should be the Auralic Aries G2, dCS Network bridge, and Lumin U1.
Im sure others will soon chime in with more suggestions.

Good luck and keep us uptaded.
Thanks!
I mainly use tidal and was not planning to do CD ripping (yet). However maybe silly question, do I need a DAC? I thought the MCI C2700 has one.