View Single Post
Old 01-27-2018, 06:00 PM
Lower Provo River, UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Also ARC is hard to demo.
I have a great dealer nearby that has one ARC rig. I don't remember which one it is, but it sounds lively with even small stand mounted speakers.
I also heard an ARC setup at RMAF with SF O3 speakers and it sounds amazing. I still don't remember what system it is.
I've only heard ARC twice, but each time I remembered music being more exciting, more emotional, more moving. The sound curve seems to be more pleasant to my ears. The bass and mids seems to be stronger than my Mc, but without A/B testing with the same speakers I really don't know for sure how Mc and ARC compare in sound. All I know is I heard some really high end stuff from moon and focal speakers and all I heard was meh; flat and lifeless. It could be the room, it could be that the speakers weren't placed right or broken in, but I've really liked focal at RMAF.

I'm not able to hear all the ARC systems and choose for myself. I get to "special order" with no refunds.
Great dealer? With one system on display? And no guidance on what you should be considering for your needs? Have you tried to discuss the ARC line with him? And his guidance was "special order" with no refunds? If you are not leaving out some important details of your experience, this is hardly a great dealer.

Where are you located? There are many dealers around the world who have multiple ARC systems on display. Given the relationship ARC have with Sonus faber, some dealers would likely be able to play the Olympica 3 with ARC for you.

Last edited by metaphacts; 01-27-2018 at 07:20 PM.