View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfeTe View Post
Unfortunately not the 105 but the BDP-95. Going to my (also PSA) DAC the Memory Player totally blew the Oppo out of the water, especially in terms of the warmth that it gives you compared to the 95's more sterile/colder presentation. YMMV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdcuba View Post
PSAudio DSP/DMP combo playing SACDs via I2S is spectacular to my ear. Way beyond the sum of the parts.

Haven’t compared it to the Oppo, but I’m a big fan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiehowser View Post
The 205 brings the game much closer to the Memory Transport/DS DAC combo and is easier to use overall. But as with most things in the hifi world, the law of diminishing returns applies. For my money, the DS Memory Transport/DAC combo is hard to beat. Especially when Ted keeps upping the ante with new firmware updates.

Bear in mind though with RedCloud on the big DS DAC, if you are running it as a DAC (ie full volume) you may notice some clicks/pops with DSD sources (including the Memory Transport). PS Audio is aware of the issue and I expect the new firmware will fix it - but for now, the workaround is to run the DAC at 80 instead of 100 volume. Primarily happens on DSD files that have been mastered to louder levels
Quote:
Originally Posted by doggiehowser View Post
I have no regrets with the DMP/DS DAC combination either. It really is phenomenal. Still using the cheap bundled HDMI cable. The alternative is too scary

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I have a feeling that I will have to start selling off some gear to fund a DMP. Fortunately, I already have a decent HDMI cable that I'm using with my DSD.