View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 05:37 PM

Is is a great album, love the sound of Paul Desmond's alto sax. I've been listening to that and most of their albums since high school, class of 1969!

It sounds like you have some great sound with the 20.7's congrats on that. You probably have your chair and speaker position dialed in just right, so take the following as just some interesting information. Also consider that I'm kind of a precision freak.

Instead of measuring from the wall behind the speakers, I measure from a point on the top of the back of the chair (piece of tape with a dot in the exact center of the chair). This first requires that you establish the center line down the middle of the room, that the speakers are exactly equal distance from that line, and that the center of the chair is on that line. Also before locating the exact position of the speakers, get them approximately where they should be, then try different chair positions until you find where the bass response is best. Then dial in the speaker positions.

I read Jim Smith's book and got the basics of how to do all this, but the video and watching him do it really made it click. And the laser measuring tool is critical.