View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 01:24 PM
Just Pure Lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Under View Post
Could I ask what it was about the Raidho's that made you change to the Alexia?
Certainly. First off, no speaker is the ultimate & final solution -- there are pros and cons and plusses and minuses when one is comparing speakers as you well know.

Having said that, let me say what I know I'll miss from the Raidho in comparison to the Alexia. It's that Raidho ribbon delicacy which it's known for on certain types of music. What I won't miss is the Raidho having trouble with bass heavy notes -- that is a slight deficiency and not meaning to degrade the Raidhos at all. I love 'em & if I could afford the $70K diamond coated D3.1's, which addresses the bass issue, game over. Happy camper.

Now, what will I gain with the Alexia? A slightly easier speaker to push with the MC2301's and boatload of dynamics would be my first thoughts. Kick down bass with extremely clean sound with no break-up is the second expectation.

I believe I have made a good decision w/no regrets as I wait the delivery truck.:thu mbsup:

Best Sir,

Bob
Analogue Preamp:VAC Renaissance SE Phono stage in Silver Flake with XLR Output Option & with Nordost Valhalla XLR's.
Analogue Sources:SME 20/2 w/SME V arm & Nordost Valhalla TA cable, Palo Santos Presentation Cartridge & Akai GX-400D Reel-to-Reel w/relapped heads by JRF Magnetic Sciences. Akai RC-17 cabled remote (original owner since 1974).
Vibration Control:TT on HRS M3X2-1921 shelf.
Speakers:Wilson Audio Alexia in Argento Silver/Black grills sitting on Acoustic Diode Kit.
Power Cables:4 Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on amps, preamp & DAC. Ansuz Acoustics C2 on Transport & Clock.
Power Distribution Bar:Shunyata Everest 8000 w/Omega XC Power Cable.
Power Outlets:Furutech GTX-D NCF (R) duplex outlet, GTX Wall Plate & Duplex Cover (x2) on dedicated, same panel phase, 20A breakers.
Speaker Cables:3M Nordost Odin Supreme Reference on Nordost Sort Lifts.
Signal Cables:Nordost Odin XLR's on dCS DAC & Amps.
Digital Cables: Nordost Odin 2's, 110 ohm AES/EBU on dCS Transport to DAC.
Clock Cables:5 each 75 ohm 1.25M Nordost Valhalla BNC/BNC Digital
Ethernet Cable: WireWorld Platinum 1M StarlightŪ 8 Twinax
Headphones:Vintage Koss Pro IV AA.
RCM: Audio Desk PRO
Tube Test Gear:Mint late '60's/calibrated Heathkit TT-1A, MaxiMatcher Preamp & Space Tech Labs ATT-3.02 tube test sets.

Last edited by vintage_tube; 06-20-2017 at 01:27 PM.