View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 11:27 AM

My path is similar to yours. I have to admit that their good looks attracted me first. IMO, the best looking speaker on the planet.

The sound is very gentlemanly, very easy to listen to and simply enjoy the music for hours. Non-fatiguing is a major factor. Great bass that had to be tamed with dsp in my room. No big deal.

What I found, however, is that with a substantial portion of my musical tastes, they were too polite. Metal, hard rock, even fusion had a "bite" taken out of it. The SF were great for jazz, classical, classic rock but anything that requires what I can only describe as bite and rocking, they were lacking.

Ultimately, I tired of the stacks and racks of equipment, the cable rats nest and overall look of my system. The Avantgardes offered me everything I desired in a small footprint with a sound signature that better suits my preferences. I also think that digital active crossovers and dsp for timing and phase alignment, built in to the avantgarde zero, is the future of hifi.