View Single Post
Old 08-03-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepress View Post
I have replied to Transparent's reply, asking for specific prices. I'd like to see what going through the upgrade program does for the IC prices. Then, if this gets as far as an in-home trial, I'd try one Premium PC and one pair of Super ICs. Just in case, I asked for prices on a 4ft or 5ft pair of their Plus speaker cables; standard length is 8ft to start ($900 MSRP and too long for my needs). Since I bi-wire using two pair of 12TC, the price then doubles.

Question: Given the noise-reducing power of the Premium PCs on my preamp and power amps, is it still possible for the amps to pass noise to the speakers? Transparent speaker cables all have noise modules on them, as the Transparent rep pointed out, but would I really need that?
Unfortunately, yes. The PCs reduce noise coming from the wall. But you will still have noise from the amp and (I assume) from the speaker cables themselves.

Let's go back to the process though--there is no need to do this all at once, or even to speculate on a grand plan. You can do this piecemeal and in a relaxed way. My cables and grounding system were purchased over 4(?) rounds of demos/upgrades as I compared several levels of ICs and PCs. My expectations were often wrong in doing this, but each round yielded a significant improvement. You should get Transparent or your dealer to send you a few things to try. Then buy anything that makes a significant positive improvement. Then, if you till have budget remaining, get them to send a couple of more things to try.

Also, don't be surprised or discouraged if some "upgrades" yield nothing you can hear or even make things worse. If that happens, you've either maxed out on a given brand, or you do not like that brand.